PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Fields in older versions of AutoCAD and other CAD packages

joseph.117086
2006-07-19, 03:07 AM
i have a "FIELD" set up in my 2007 rel. drawings. can other old version of autocad recepient & other drawing application (microstation or archicad) recognize this new feature?

Buffeldrek
2006-07-19, 06:18 AM
hey there jospeh,

Autocad 2005 also knows about the field command - am not sure about previous versions - but think that 2004 also knows how to handle it.
About microstation or other concurent packages - i doubt or the intelligent will be the same of the field funtion - if it doesn't know how to handle field command, microstation & such should convert the "field" into a block with attribute funtions or just plain text.

I'd say try and error if you want to know for real.

regards

Ogre
2006-07-19, 01:11 PM
If saved and viewed in an earlier format than 2004, the field will show up and act just like text...If the person modifies it, the field will no longer work...The same goes for Dynamic blocks as well...

Mike.Perry
2006-07-19, 06:08 PM
Hi "joseph.117086" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name )

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the CAD Mgmt. General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager