PDA

View Full Version : New Wall Type

ford347
2006-07-19, 07:27 PM
I have a wall in which will be 2x4 studs w/ stucco ext. I am going to place a 1-1/2" wall w/thin brick and a wall sweep at the top of that for the wainscot. Would be best to just place the 2x4 wall, then place the short wall at the exterior of that and cut and join geometry, or would it be better to build this into a compound wall?

gibson.tim91884
2006-07-19, 07:58 PM
Both work fine. If the wainscott is always the same height, or only has a couple of variations, build a stacked wall. If you plan to have more variation, you might find 2 walls as you describe work better.

DanielleAnderson
2006-07-19, 08:02 PM
Both work fine. If the wainscott is always the same height, or only has a couple of variations, build a stacked wall. If you plan to have more variation, you might find 2 walls as you describe work better.

It also probably depends on how you want to schedule it. I'd recommend stacked walls, unless it is just for graphical/rendering purposes, then it doesn't really matter.

ford347
2006-07-20, 01:09 AM
I went ahead and used a stacked wall. It works pretty good, although with stacked walls I seem to have issues with attaching them to roofs etc. I tried to attach my stacked wall to the roof and it brought the bottom wainscot up with it. How do you prevent this?