PDA

View Full Version : Building Elevation - disable view name?

blumarble
2006-07-20, 12:15 AM
Is there a way to disable showing the view name on my exterior Building Elevation tags? I've found posts that seem to say Properties - Edit contains a check box for this, but I can't find a checkbox for Building Elevations (maybe these apply to Interior Elevations?).

Firmso
2006-07-20, 12:26 AM
Is there a way to disable showing the view name on my exterior Building Elevation tags? I've found posts that seem to say Properties - Edit contains a check box for this, but I can't find a checkbox for Building Elevations (maybe these apply to Interior Elevations?).

You are in the right place...but it's not a box. It's a Yes/No option under Show title.
Hope this helps.

Adam Mac
2006-07-20, 12:36 AM
Hi-

i usually make a specific view title "tag" called "BLANK" by duplicating an existing view title (any one) and renaming it to "BLANK", then by going
into it's properties ("Edit/New") and scrolling to the top of the "title" pull-down, i select "none". I've attached a pic - don't know if this helps.
I find the other method (Yes/No) effects all views of that type?

HTH

Adam

Firmso
2006-07-20, 12:49 AM
> I find the other method (Yes/No) effects all views of that type?

Adam, Thanks for pointing that out. I am used to my customized view tag setup I created. What I did was create different view tag family so everytime I insert a view into my sheet I would go to properties and select one making each tag unique. I name them viewport 1, viewport 2, etc., so that way I can also control the lineweight and length that come with the tag, and I can Off the tag without worrying whether it is affecting another.

blumarble
2006-07-20, 03:54 PM
Are we talking about the same tag? I'm trying to remove the drawing title from the tag on the plan. See attached.

D.Williams
2006-07-20, 05:06 PM
Go to the Settings menu - View Tags - Elevation Tags. Uncheck the box that says "Show view name" and you should be good to go.

blumarble
2006-07-20, 06:03 PM
That got it! Thanks!

Adam Mac
2006-07-20, 10:30 PM
Yeah - sorry blumarble - i wasn't on the same wavelength!

Clyne Curtis
2006-07-21, 01:39 PM
Maybe not the same wave length...but great information nonetheless!!

Thanks!

Clyne