PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get Attributes to work properly within Dynamic Blocks

allanp
2006-07-21, 10:53 AM
Hi all,
Being new to dynamic blocks i started to work through ATP076 and found it quite fascinating.
I seem to have hit a small problem where i am adding attributes to the "table and chairs" Lesson 5 para 6. I can get the switch between with/without chairs but i cant seem to get the attributes to work in both. The para states to go back to the block editor and ensure they are visible in both states. This is where i have the problem. i gave both attributes and made them both visible but still one of them doesn't work. Am i going about it wrong i am using ACAD 2007.

Thanks
Allan

Wanderer
2006-07-21, 05:28 PM
Hello there, Allan,

I'm going to move this from the autocad2007 General forum to this one as it will be better served here. Thank you! :)

Hi all,
Being new to dynamic blocks i started to work through ATP076 and found it quite fascinating.
I seem to have hit a small problem where i am adding attributes to the "table and chairs" Lesson 5 para 6. I can get the switch between with/without chairs but i cant seem to get the attributes to work in both. The para states to go back to the block editor and ensure they are visible in both states. This is where i have the problem. i gave both attributes and made them both visible but still one of them doesn't work. Am i going about it wrong i am using ACAD 2007.

Thanks
Allan

Chris.N
2006-07-21, 05:51 PM
Hi all,

Thanks
Allancould you post the file containing the block in 2006 format for us to comment upon? if you made both attributes the same way, or made one and copied for the second, you should not be having troubles, unless you copied and didn't rename the tag part.... um, post the file and lets have a look... to many 'if's to consider...