PDA

View Full Version : Monolithic Stair Issues

davidcobi
2006-07-21, 06:10 PM
When I create the stair below everything seems to work fine. As soon as I switch the stair to a monolithic stair it changes the number of risers from 4 to 3 and cuts a strange swath of the stair at a funny angle. Is it just that the monolithic stair tool needs improving?

patricks
2006-07-21, 06:14 PM
I don't believe monolithic stairs can end with a riser. As for the swath I guess the monolithic fill can't run in a curve? Seems rather dumb if you ask me.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-21, 06:29 PM
Not sure about the 'swath' (I couldn't reproduce that problem) but the step may be affected by the extend below base setting in the type parameters.

I didn't have any trouble with curved monolithic stairs. Try posting the file.

davidcobi
2006-07-21, 06:39 PM
Here is the project file. We've reproduced the swath problem on two workstations.

Cheuk Ling
2006-07-21, 11:34 PM
I can't reproduce the problem also.
Just change the stair to Monolithic and uncheck the option
End with riser would cause the stair to change from 4 steps to 3 steps
with everthing looks the same. No Such funny angle cut appears.

dbaldacchino
2006-07-22, 03:10 PM
Have you checked whether you have the section box enabled but it's not visible due to the crop region being turned off? I don't know why the section box would change by changing the stair properties, but I'd check those settings if it happened to me. I have not had much luck with monolithic stairs when I tried them out a while back. Since then I have just use the regular stairs with no stringers and then I built a simple stringer "railing" to give me control over how everything cleans up and lines up.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-22, 04:39 PM
This seems to be related to the radius of the arc and the angle on the boundary lines.

If you increase the radius of the treads it resolves itself. If you alter the angle of the boundaries it also sorts itself out.
The stringer carriage height also affects how the 'swath' cuts the front of the stairs. I changed the carriage height to 0 (you can't make it negative) and it pushed the cut edge further out.
I'd call this a bug.

Firmso
2006-07-23, 10:14 PM
When I create the stair below everything seems to work fine. As soon as I switch the stair to a monolithic stair it changes the number of risers from 4 to 3 and cuts a strange swath of the stair at a funny angle. Is it just that the monolithic stair tool needs improving?

Just select your stair and add another riser using the stair tool > Riser...then finish sketch.

mmodernc
2006-07-24, 07:59 AM
But can you get it to join the slab correctly?

Firmso
2006-07-24, 10:29 PM
But can you get it to join the slab correctly?

Here' a sample of my monolythic stair.

Firmso
2006-07-24, 10:30 PM
Here' a sample of my monolythic stair.

I can't upload BMP file. Must be something wrong with file size (?).
Any thoughts?