PDA

View Full Version : Parking Schedule Explodes

kcarlson
2006-07-22, 02:53 AM
I'm having problems with a parking schedule. It is an unitemized schedule with type and count parameters. I've added a new number parameter for the parking spaces required, and manually inputted that information but when I calculate the total it explodes to thousands, reading the number required for the whole site once per parking space. I've also tried using shared parameters but the problem still happens. Anyone found a work around?

dfriesen
2009-05-13, 05:22 PM
I've run into the same problem.

Is there a way to do this? I'm stumped! (or at least unable to think outside the box)

sbrown
2009-05-13, 06:53 PM
You can't calculate totals otherwise the total number you input is getting added to each space. When you don't itemize every instance any parameter you add will get added to every instance giving you what you see. just uncheck calculate totals for the count field.

dfriesen
2009-05-13, 07:45 PM
Yes, I realize what's happening, but I guess there's no way to generate the total required spaces as part of the schedule. I'll have to just put dumb text on the sheet where I've placed the schedule. Thanks anyway.