PDA

View Full Version : Phases

cgrover
2004-06-07, 10:00 PM
The project I'm currently working on will have several phases or bid packages and I would like to show previous and/or future phases when possible or needed. For example I'm working on the foundation and underground bid package, but I also want to show my exterior above grade walls. I'd prefer they would be a shaded line weight, but would like to see them. Has anyone dealt with this in the past and if so how did you handle it?

Thanks for your help.
grover

beegee
2004-06-07, 10:11 PM
Its best to run a test first. Carefully set up your phases and phase filters, keeping in mind what J McGrew said in another post, - that a phase ia actually a range of time, not a point in time, and each phase can show what happens at its beginning, middle and end. The phase setting represents the view of that phase and the phase filter then sets whether you're seeing things at the beginning ( prior + demo), middle (prior + new ) or end (show complete )

Having established what you will need to show, setup some elemants and views to check that the display works the way you need it to.

All this sounds more complex than it really is.

hth.

cgrover
2004-06-07, 10:26 PM
I've been working on some trial and error and can never quite get what I'm looking for. Where I really want to see the appearance is in section views. The wall I want to put on a "future" phase always seems to disappear in lieu of showing the make up of the wall, but in a lighter lineweight or the lines being "greyed" out.

I'll keep trying.

grover

aggockel50321
2004-06-08, 11:33 AM
You might be better off to organize your bid packages into worksets. Then you'll be able to control visibility by on, off, or halftone in the visibility dialog. You can still have each workset as it's own phase, if you need to track where in time, the walls get built.

The wall I want to put on a "future" phase always seems to disappear
If objects are placed in differing phases, and you have a view set to a middle phase, none of the objects in the later phases can be made to show in that view. So in your case, you could organize your bid package items by workgroups, go to the view you want to show, set it to the latest phase, so that all items are showing, & then contol their visibility / look within the visibility dialog.

cgrover
2004-06-08, 09:01 PM
I hadn't thought about worksets. That may actually be the best way to accomplish what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

grover

adegnan
2004-06-09, 10:01 PM
Otherwise what if for the future phase, you set up new views that shows the future phase as the "current" or "new" phase (show previous + new) and the stuff that you are doing for the current bid package as having happened already? You are setting up multiple views already right? Of course worksets can work as discussed.