PDA

View Full Version : DX Split A/C unit

2006-07-24, 03:55 PM
Can I blag an MvPart of a DX Split Air Conditioner indoor unit from anyone? Willing to trade for any MvParts or styles I have banked away.

finney13
2006-07-24, 08:42 PM
Would be happy to if I had one, but I have not really tried to create a MvPart yet. Just tried to make do with what is in the system.

In general, how difficult is it to create something like a DX Split Unit?

2006-07-25, 07:42 AM
It takes longer to create an MvPart than it does to post a request, put it that way. Especially if you want to create something that has all the correct display reps, the connectors, etc.

Also, I have a problem with my ABS, in that it crashes every time I try and create a parametric MvPart, so I have to make one part for each instance of a family of parts, eg. I have to make separate parts for a 1.5kW DX, 3kW DX, etc, etc.

I'll just get on and make one and I'll post up my feeble offerings when I'm done.

finney13
2006-07-25, 01:52 PM
Very good. I am going to have to make some time to learn how to create MvParts. There are a number of things I would like to create, once I have learned how.

Thanks for the info.

ashraf_brown
2010-04-26, 01:16 PM
I've made a generic split unit or attempted to. Not quite sure what all i'm missing from it. i'm attaching what i've made so far. it's a ducted unit, but the ducts can be deletec & file resaved to have non ducted. I hope this helps. If anyone can add what ever they feel is missing & reattach it, it'll be gr8.