PDA

View Full Version : Fill Pattern/Elevation View

ford347
2006-07-24, 05:21 PM
I have a roll up door family and a dock bay family that use a 4" parallel surface pattern (model). This shows is 3d view, but I can't figure out how to get that to show in elevation view. Does anyone know how I get this pattern to show in elev. view?

DanielleAnderson
2006-07-24, 06:03 PM
So the material of the family has a surface model pattern that is not showing up in elevation? Perhaps you can attach the file and someone can take a look at it. I just did a test of a surface pattern on a family and the pattern shows up in elevation just fine...

Edit: ADD - when you created the family, did you alter an existing material and add a surface pattern or did you create a new material? I am wondering if it was an existing material (a material with the same name that exists in your project model WITHOUT a surface pattern) that reverts back to the default in the project?

ford347
2006-07-24, 07:14 PM
Here is the file.. I just found a thread and someone seemed to have a similar problem. beegee mentioned that this might be a known bug that when there is a nested family that uses a material, the same thing is happening. Check it out.

aaronrumple
2006-07-24, 07:38 PM
Here is the file.. I just found a thread and someone seemed to have a similar problem. beegee mentioned that this might be a known bug that when there is a nested family that uses a material, the same thing is happening. Check it out.
Simple one. No bug.
You're opening cut is set to transparent in 3d, but not in elevation.