PDA

View Full Version : Wall/Floor connection issue

homes
2006-07-24, 11:39 PM
Hi all,

I am having an issue where my floor cuts into my walls. I have obviously done this before without any problems, but this time it's giving me a fit.

The two examples attached show what is going on. On one of them, the floor sheathing continues all the way out to the exterior face of the wall core, and other example stops the sheathing at the interior wall core, but the joists continue out. The first example was on a past project, and the second example is the problem. Is there a setting that lets the sheathing continue out with the joists? It's driving me up th wall! Help please.

greg.mcdowell
2006-07-25, 12:20 AM
if you edit the floor structure you will see two components inside and/or outside the "core boundary"... if you want the sheathing to extend with the joists you'll need to make it a part of the "core"... if you want it to stop short and run into the stud it should be outside the core. you may also need to adjust the "type" of component (i.e., structure, substrate, finish, etc.) - just remember that "like cleans-up with like" and that lower numbers pass through higher numbers and you should be okay.

homes
2006-07-25, 12:50 AM
That did it. Both the sheathing and the floor joists were inside the core, but the sheathing was tagged as substrate, while the joists were tagged as structure. Cleaned it right up.

Thanks!