PDA

View Full Version : Multi-story building

Wagurto
2004-06-08, 02:11 AM
Anybody out there using revit to design a multi-story building? I have my concerns about modeling the whole building since the majoroty of the floor are typical, modeling the whole thing will end up in a big size file. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate any suggestion.
Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-08, 02:57 AM
THIS POST (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1980) has some best practices listed for such projects.

BomberAIA
2004-06-08, 11:45 AM
Why would you have to model all the floors that are typical? Just draw the typical floors and of course the exterior of the building. In CD's, this would give you all of your sheets except for correct building sections which you normally don't show a lot of detail anyway. This is just a thought and would be how I would approach a multi story building.

Scott D Davis
2004-06-08, 04:19 PM
Another approach to multi-story buildings with repetitive floors, is to have the walls run through multiple floors. Wall bottom starts at floor 2, and top is at floor 20, for instance. Now, changing the plan at floor 2, changes all through floor 20. Joining the geometry between walls and the floors will display the joint between the two correctly.

Wagurto
2004-06-10, 01:57 AM
Thank you guys for the tips, but I realized that there is not an "official" guide lines how to build a multi-story buildings.
I will be practicing all your tip to see wich one best fit my projects.

shaunv68276
2004-06-10, 06:03 AM
Wagurto. We have never done single story buildings in revit. For multiple story I have a simple rule. How you build the building is often how you would construct the revit model!!
90% of our files are in excess of 60mb. Careful planning with phasing & worksets allows you to work on certain parts of the model. Combined with the copy to clipboard and paste select levels, multi stories become easier.