PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the wire Frame elevations

dpatera1
2006-07-25, 06:27 PM
I am unable to fix these elevations in our project. The central file started acting up about a week ago and I still can not get it fixed. Many (but not all) of the exterior 3D views are missing. They show up on the project browser and we can open them but they show nothing. The BIGGER issue is that again many (but not all) of the elevations are showing up as wireframe/shaded mix (real messed up) even though they are set to show only Hidden line. Can anyone PLEASE help us we have a 99% due by the end of the week and must get this central file working right again!!!

I would love to show this issue to you as a jpeg however, I just realized in the process of printing it to a pdf to post that when printed the elevations look correct??? That still leaves me with the graphical issue however!?!?!?!?

Thanks

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-25, 06:47 PM
if you are on subscription i would suggest takling to support and getting them to help you fix the file. they are pretty good and very fast.

Justin

sbrown
2006-07-25, 07:05 PM
I haven't ever seen anything like you describe. My first thought is its an OpenGL problem. so first thing is to close revit, then right click on your desktop, go to display, and then advanced, troubleshooting and turn off hardware accelleration. Then open revit and your file and see if that fixes it. The color thing sounds like dwg imports over the elevations to me or if it looks like a section it maybe someone moved the elevation tag and now its cutting thru the building.

In your 3d views I assume you did zoom to fit.

dpatera1
2006-07-25, 08:13 PM
For sure not Open GL - not even on, on my machine and it is affecting every machine in the building running this revit file

We thought of the Autocad thing and so deleted and removed every autoCAD file in the revit file

And yes we have checked the elevations to see if they moved and they are correct

Anyone have any other ideas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Firmso
2006-07-25, 11:33 PM
For sure not Open GL - not even on, on my machine and it is affecting every machine in the building running this revit file

We thought of the Autocad thing and so deleted and removed every autoCAD file in the revit file

And yes we have checked the elevations to see if they moved and they are correct

Anyone have any other ideas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can you post a file, a image, or something? I like to see what you have there.

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-26, 02:42 AM
Any chance the building elevation has changed? Did you move it up to true elevation, say from 0'-0" to 100'-0"? Sounds like the 3D views are no longer looking at the model or the model is no longer where they are looking whichever way you want to think of it. What happens when you make a new 3D view. You also refer to wireframe elevations but then talk about 3D views. Are you also having trouble with elevations? If so it is consistent with what you describe for the 3D views that the building has been raised to a different elevation.

You might also check the Phase and the Phase Filter of the views to make sure they are in sync with the model.

Graham Briggs
2006-07-26, 06:36 AM
Simple Question:
For your 3D Views, are they perpective 3D's?
If so , have you checked in an overall plan view or wireframe 3D view (one that is working) to see where the camera icons are -- with your overall or wireframe view active, right click on the the mis-behaving view's name [in the Project Browser], and select show camera. Make sure the camera is not inside a wall or behind a door, etc. This can easily happen during Prelims, when walls are still moving around.
Good Luck!

G