PDA

View Full Version : Chain Command

Dave
2003-06-08, 12:09 AM
Has anyone worked out a way to have the 'Chain" option on as the default when opening a new drawing?????

beegee
2003-06-08, 12:44 AM
Has anyone worked out a way to have the 'Chain" option on as the default when opening a new drawing?????

Go to your template file, >open > select "wall">check the "chain box" >save and close.

voila.

beegee

Dave
2003-06-08, 01:17 AM
Tried this and cant get it to stay on

beegee
2003-06-08, 02:59 AM
Tried this and cant get it to stay on

Hmmm,

Stays on for me :?

Make sure you are using the correct default template and opening a new project after you have changed the settings.

beegee

Melarch
2003-06-08, 12:51 PM
I also tried setting it on in the Default.rte with no avail. Is their a project setting that prevents changes from being implemented. Also on another note, a question posted on another Revit discussion board was how can you change the angle format to degrees-minutes-seconds from decimals. Everytime I open units or annotations-dimensions the list was grayed out.

beegee
2003-06-08, 10:52 PM
I also tried setting it on in the Default.rte with no avail. Is their a project setting that prevents changes from being implemented. Also on another note, a question posted on another Revit discussion board was how can you change the angle format to degrees-minutes-seconds from decimals. Everytime I open units or annotations-dimensions the list was grayed out.

Re the chain command - I will have a further look. My OS is XP Pro, dont know if that would make a difference. Note that the new setting would only work for new projects, not existing. Also, if you change the setting , once the project is open, it will stick with the new setting, not revert to the old.

Re the degrees, minutes, seconds - my understanding is that Revit will only report decimal degrees.

beegee

Henry D
2003-06-09, 12:32 AM
This is interesting - I found that if I select chain in an existing project and save, it will not stay selected, but if I go to my template file residential - default.rte, and select chain and save not only does it remain selected in the template, but when I open my existing project the chain box is now selected as the default.

beegee
2003-06-09, 06:38 AM
This is interesting - I found that if I select chain in an existing project and save, it will not stay selected, but if I go to my template file residential - default.rte, and select chain and save not only does it remain selected in the template, but when I open my existing project the chain box is now selected as the default.

I'm finding that the command only "sticks" in the same Revit session.
If I close Revit and reopen, chain command reverts to default off.

It should be a simple setting that stays as selected by the template file. Another case for the wishlist forum, ...even though its such a small, simple thing.

beegee

DanielleAnderson
2005-08-24, 11:02 PM
I am reviving a really really OLD thread here...but I was just wondering if the instructions for the chain command are still the same or has there been some improvement since v5 or so?

DanielleAnderson
2005-08-25, 04:20 PM
Okay guys, I'm still looking for an answer on this one... :) Thanks...