PDA

View Full Version : Room Area with Multi-category schedules

dpollard909366
2006-07-26, 04:09 PM
Room Area does not show up as a parameter for multi-category schedules? Is this true and if so why?

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-27, 05:34 AM
Multi-category schedules rely on all objects sharing the same parameters. A desk, for example, does not have Room Area as a parameter so including them in a schedule precludes Room Area as a valid common parameter.

A database query cannot return a list of records when the tables they examine don't share a common field. The resulting query is empty. In Revit's case the query design view (schedule properties) doesn't offer fields that would prevent displaying results.

What we lack in Revit is the ability to create a query (schedule) of other queries (schedules). This would permit the next level of data management that is presently only possible through exporting to database (ODBC) format.

Is that long-winded enough? :smile:

larsjeppesen
2011-02-04, 08:44 PM
Hi,

Old thread, but came across it and thought I would add a solution, in case any was interested. I usually use schedules to calculate natural daylighting requirements to rooms. This requires me to use the multi-category schedules - i.e. room parameters as well as window parameters. The way I get the schedule to calculate room areas, was to include the room volume and divide the unbounded room height (which are both available), giving me the area in question. Yes, it is a workaround but works (actually think I might have found the solution either on this forum or the one over at RevitCity).

Hope this helps,

Lars