PDA

View Full Version : Can't see text in a table until cell is selected

avdesign
2006-07-26, 08:42 PM
I'm having a weird issue with my table in a project I have xref drawings in.
I can't see the text in the table but when I click the cell of the table the text show up and the mtext dialog shows up. Once I exit out all I see is the cell boarders.

Any clues

avdesign
2006-07-26, 09:54 PM
Well I couldn't figure it out and fix it so I just re did my table. But IF anyone has an ideo as to why it wen wonky in the first place I really want to know.

avdesign
2006-07-26, 09:59 PM
Well I think I just might of figured it out.... Does part of the information in a table get placed in the defpoints layer? If so I just found out why my table was acting weird.

Wanderer
2006-07-27, 01:36 AM
Well I think I just might of figured it out.... Does part of the information in a table get placed in the defpoints layer? If so I just found out why my table was acting weird.:neutral: well, that is odd, but, I'm glad you (I think) found your problem and hence your solution?

I can't say about the tables, as I always create them in excel > paste special as a table > paste into a designated layer. (I love tables in autocad, but, I can create them so much faster in excel, a program I've been using as long as acad, so only tend to edit cell contents from actually within acad)

avdesign
2006-07-27, 12:45 PM
:neutral: well, that is odd, but, I'm glad you (I think) found your problem and hence your solution?

I can't say about the tables, as I always create them in excel > paste special as a table > paste into a designated layer. (I love tables in autocad, but, I can create them so much faster in excel, a program I've been using as long as acad, so only tend to edit cell contents from actually within acad)I create them in excel and do the paste special as well... and this was just plain weird when all you saw was the cell boarders and you knew the text was their.

2006-07-27, 01:59 PM
Whenever I Paste Special from Excel I get really odd results, the tables I am bringing in are very large though. I do it all in CAD now, but that's just me.

I would say that there is something going on with text colouring in your table. If you bring it in from Excel and the text is not quite black and your AutoCad background is set to black, you will only see the text when it is highlighted, as this reverses out the colour.

avdesign
2006-07-27, 02:56 PM
Interesting theory but I don't think so it was was like something was not letting the text display, almost like the text it's self was on a frozen/hidden layer. That's why I was asking if information in a table was stored in the defpoints layer.

2006-07-27, 03:09 PM
As far as I know there is no Defpoints data in a table. I wonder if the Paste Special has done something odd and nested the text in a layer somewhere. Just to ask an obvious question; you don't have any layer filters on do you?

avdesign
2006-07-27, 03:22 PM
I was pretty positive I didn't I'd have to double check the drawing, but I'm not sure why I'd turn layer filters on most of my drawings don't have near the layers some people do.