PDA

View Full Version : Window Constraining

Matt H
2006-07-26, 11:58 PM
Well I've discovered thats its just easier creating a window that "Looks Like" a Curtain wall, sure it takes awhile but, once its done, its done. So that brings me to my little issue i'm haveing with my Window i'm making. Fully Parameteric, except for one aspect, i can't seem to get the Mullion to go lest than 2. I just want to be able to make the window so i can have only 1 going down the Middle, or none at all.
Does that make sense?

The window works great going for MANY mullions but not fewer.

Firmso
2006-07-27, 12:29 AM
Well I've discovered thats its just easier creating a window that "Looks Like" a Curtain wall, sure it takes awhile but, once its done, its done. So that brings me to my little issue i'm haveing with my Window i'm making. Fully Parameteric, except for one aspect, i can't seem to get the Mullion to go lest than 2. I just want to be able to make the window so i can have only 1 going down the Middle, or none at all.
Does that make sense?

The window works great going for MANY mullions but not fewer.

I tried fixing this but I figured it would be easier if I start from scratch. You have too many dimensions and they are conflicting each other when you are in plan view and elevation view.
Proper sequence for Basic Family Creation are as follows :
1. place all reference planes.
2. apply dimensions to ref planes
3. flex them.
4. add object elements, strategically locking them to ref planes.

Try to limit placing parameters whenever possibe.