PDA

View Full Version : Elevation vs. Mounting Height in Wall Based Familes

david_spehar
2006-07-27, 04:39 PM
I've searched the forum and came up empty on this. I created a wall based family (in this case - specialty equipment, a paper towel dispenser) and gave it a "mounting height" instance parameter. I made it a shared parameter so I could schedule it. When I load the family into my project Revit adds an "elevation" instance parameter under constraints which overrides my "mounting height" parameter rendering it useless (it did work in the family file). Unfortunately the "elevation" parameter is not an available field for scheduling. I've run into this in the past and have always ignored it but now I have a need to schedule the mounting height of multiple toilet room accessories. Am I missing something really simple (I tend to do that) or am I out of luck? What is the rationale behind this and is there a workaround other than manually inputing the data in the "mounting height" parameter to match the "elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-27, 05:10 PM
Not sure about the rationale but the easiest workaround is to create the family as a generic model from the faced based template instead of wall based. Once you have done that you can change its family category to specialty equipment. You can then place and locate based on your mounting height parameter.

david_spehar
2006-07-27, 06:41 PM
Good idea - I'll give it a shot.

Thanks