PDA

View Full Version : finish exposed floor edge...

jeff.95551
2006-07-27, 05:18 PM
Is there a way to get floor edges to wrap the way walls do? In the floor setup dialog there is a column and a grayed-out teaser checkbox that says 'Wrap' but none of the floors I've got will let me check the box. I can use a floor slab edge, but the wrap would be really handy... I've got a lot of cantilevered mezzanines that would benefit from this...

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-27, 05:45 PM
You can't wrap the finish layers of a floor to its edges, just as you an't wrap wall layers to the top and bottom.
The simplest workaround is to align the bottom of your wall with the bottom of your floor and then join geometry to clean it up. This is probably how it would be constructed in the field.

You can also unlock the finish layers on the wall and drag them to the bottom of the floor but that's a little tedious

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-27, 05:47 PM
what i have done in the past is unlock the gwb layer on the wall and pulled it down to the bottom of the floor. this seems to work quite well.

I dont know that you can ge the floor materails to wrap as they are horizontal planes (as is a floor), and to get it to wrap you would need a vertical element, which is opposite to the floor plane. kind of the same way you can't get a wall layer to return horizontal.

Justin

jeff.95551
2006-07-27, 09:34 PM
Thanks much!