PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Curtain Wall Mullions

jhuynh
2006-07-27, 07:01 PM
We are close to submit 95% design document to the client. I accidentally purged the model before we intended to use curtain wall in our design. At this moment, I can only put in curtain wall without mullions. Every time I try to apply mullions to my curtain wall, Revit asks me to go and load mullions family. I have tried everything I could to load these mullions. However, Revit keeps saying that the mullion profiles that I try to load are not the right ones.

Can you guys tell me where to find these mullions and how to reload all of them back into my model. Thank you.

greg.mcdowell
2006-07-27, 07:51 PM
easiest way to do this is probably to pull them from your template file... create a new drawing, edit the family and load it into your project

better ways would be to save them out to a central location (or find those that are already there)

patricks
2006-07-27, 09:46 PM
The only way to get purged mullions back is to copy and paste in a curtain wall containing all the mullions into your project. So open your template, make a curtain wall, place an instance of each type of mullion, then copy and paste into your current project.

belyo
2006-11-10, 03:10 PM
i have the same problem, except i purged some corner choices, and when i try to copy paste, it tells me "the following types already exist in the drawing but are slightly different. the types from the project into which you are pasting will be used"

-how do i get it to overwrite what (it thinks) i already have i the project? -i have checked "purge" again and there is nothing to purge...

thanks,
-b