PDA

View Full Version : Problem with callouts in split section

patricks
2006-07-28, 03:29 AM
I have a building section that is split vertically (I split the section cut line while looking at another section view). When I go to the new section view and try to create a callout, it creates the view, but the callout will not show in the view and I get a warning about none of the elements created being visible in the section view.

Is this a bug, or can you just not have callouts showing in a split section view?

I just tried removing the split portion of the section, and indeed the callout worked normally after that, so I know the section split is the problem. Also, the problem remains even if the callout does not cross the boundary between the split portions of the view.

darrenplewis
2006-07-28, 05:09 AM
I am running into the same thing. You should submit a support request.

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-28, 05:28 AM
Yep doesn't work, but honestly I don' think the feature was intended to work in this way. Split or jogged sections are normally done in plan views. I ain't seen everything but I don't recall ever seeing a jogged section in section :smile:

patricks
2006-07-28, 01:44 PM
Yes I know, but I have a window in a wall directly above a doorway, and I want to cut the wall down below but the window up above.

ejburrell67787
2006-07-28, 01:51 PM
could you do a second section to show the window correctly and then position it on the same sheet as the other section? (hide the extra section ref) Even place it over the top perhaps?