PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Cut Plane

markjohn.perry
2006-07-28, 08:00 AM
I think I'm really onto some think here, and would like to know what the consensus is.

I have real problems when creating a spanning construct for the external shell of a building.
If I put in windows on anything but the ground floor they are invisible until I either take a 3D view or change my cut plane parameters in the display config'.

What I would like is either:

Something like the scale setting on the drawing window status bar, but with the levels on. When a different level was selected windows could be added relative to the level, and the cut plane would move to suit.

Or

A tool which had an elevational representation of the building + a graphic representing the elements of th cut plane, the plane itself + the above and below tolerances. A slider could move the cut plan and the main graphics window showing a plan could reflect the dynamic change of cut plane.

Or

Both would be nice

david_peterson
2006-07-28, 01:30 PM
I agree that there could be more flexable. Have you look at cut plane overrides at the object/style level? Just a thought.

markjohn.perry
2006-07-31, 08:40 AM
Yes - Thanks for that, I have used that in some instances where a section of wall contains high level windows, that I wanted to show on the plan.

I also think it may be a neat idea to give cut plane overrides a graphical edit option like the roof and floor lines.

However to be able to switch between levels easily while working on a spanning construct would be a great boon for me.

Steve_Bennett
2006-07-31, 05:01 PM
Along the lines of editing the cut line similar to the floor/roof line would be to have a stepped cut line in elevation views.