PDA

View Full Version : UNwrapping Text?

Zoltan
2006-07-30, 09:00 PM
Is there a way to take text that word wraps and make it no longer word wrap?

For example, when you are using the text tool, if you click a point the text does not word wrap. If you click and drag a box, the text word wraps. In either case, you can adjust the blue drag handle to change the word wrapping. If you even touch to drag control on the text that does not word wrap, it will now and forever word wrap. Is there a way to unwrap it?

The Sweg
2006-07-31, 10:50 AM
Interesting. I can't seem to make it do what you are saying it is doing.

No matter how I create text, I can drag the blue dots all over and watch it wrap and unwrap back and forth.

raddis
2006-07-31, 02:08 PM
Did you hit ENTER between lines?
I believe this creates a "stop" point for unwrapping.
Try editing the text and remove the Enter replacing it with a Space instead.

Zoltan
2006-07-31, 06:42 PM
Let me clarify. When you create text by clicking a point, instead of dragging a box, the text that is created does not have a word wrapping width set. If you keep typing, without hitting enter, you can create a single line as long as you want it. If you edit the text, you can make the line longer, and it will never wrap. When you drag the handle to set the text wrapping width, the text will now wrap to the width of the box. If you pull the box out, longer than the text, you will have a single line. However, when you edit the text and add more words, when you reach the edge of the box, the text will wrap to the next line.

How do you put it back to the original, never wrapping text?

(in AutoCAD, MTEXT with Width set to 0 does not word wrap)

The Sweg
2006-07-31, 06:52 PM
I now see what you are saying, as I was able to re-create the situation. However, after adding more text and having it jump to the next line, I was able to drag the blue dot and it stretched back to a single line of text to follow the width of the box. As long as I didn't press 'Enter', I could still get my single line back.

However, I don't believe I've actually answered your question. I don't believe there is any 'setting' per se, that would achieve what you are after. I suppose the only approach at the moment would be to drag the box out to a very long distance before clicking to enter the 'edit' mode, that way it would never reach the end of the box!

HTH