PDA

View Full Version : purge all not purging *__ (blocks)

michael.byrne
2004-06-08, 07:53 PM
How can this be automated? I need to exit the purge each time and do a qsave then cycle/repeating both commands until no other blocks show up.

Am I not doing this correctly?

thank you,

mike byrne

michael.byrne@crossmatch.net

BrenBren
2004-06-08, 08:00 PM
What causes this problem is blocks being referred to inside other blocks (nested). And since leaders and dimensions create anonymous blocks, they can show up without you even knowing about it.

In pre-2004 (not sure about 2002), you should be able to just run the purge command a few times, but you shouldn't have to save to get it to work.

In 2004, in the purge dialog box, click the purge nested items box, and it will purge all blocks, including those nested inside other blocks.

Also, in the future, please let us know what software you are running so we can better help you, as different versions may have different solutions :grin:

Mike.Perry
2004-06-09, 06:18 AM
Hi

Check out the following Submissions # EX001037 & EX001047 & EX001124 on the AUGI Exchange Page -

AUGI Exchange Search Page (http://64.227.78.21/empower/exchange/searchdownloads.asp)

They should get you going in the right direction.

Have a good one, Mike

michael.byrne
2004-06-09, 01:43 PM
It is MDT 6 we are using, and thank you Mike. I need a routine that purges ALL unrefernced blocks, saves and continues to purge all unreferenced block until there are no more. THAT is what "purgeall" should do. (PURGE-ALL)

In the interim unitl it is fixed I wrote a simple script to execute 6 routines called multipurge.scr like this:

_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;
_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;
_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;
_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;
_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;
_purge
_all
_n
_qsave
;

Mike.Perry
2004-06-09, 03:02 PM
THAT is what "purgeall" should do. (PURGE-ALL)
Hi

"Purge-All" is that my one? If yes, I personally advise you use one of the others that I mentioned earlier.

What does "Purge-All" do (don't do) when you run it?

MDT 6 is based on which version of AutoCAD?

Have a good one, Mike

michael.byrne
2004-06-10, 05:55 PM
Mike,

is this getting confusing or what?

MDT 6 is based on Autocad 2002. The 'Purge-all' I refer to is Autodesks 'purge' then using the all option for blocks, no verification, with purge nested items checked. The result is that ALL nested items do not get purged.

The routine I pasted above, I wrote as a result of you refering me to the AUGI exchange search pages.

I have modified the script to cycle 50 times per execution. "Purge-all blocks-nested items" should still work properly and doesn't.......

Appreciate the dialogue, peace.

Mike

Mike.Perry
2004-06-10, 06:06 PM
Hi

Could you please post a sample drawing file here so "we" can test.

+

List which Blocks you expect to be purged (removed) but don't from the sample drawing file.

Have a good one, Mike