PDA

View Full Version : Materials

shaunamorain
2006-07-31, 07:41 PM
Is it possible to load a pdf file into the material library? If so, how do I load it? I know you can download a library and navigate to it through settings>options>rendering, however, I was trying to transfer some of my personal drawing files from autoCAD.

Thanks for any help!
Shauna

OOPS! A jpg, not a pdf!

Firmso
2006-07-31, 11:22 PM
Is it possible to load a pdf file into the material library? If so, how do I load it? I know you can download a library and navigate to it through settings>options>rendering, however, I was trying to transfer some of my personal drawing files from autoCAD.

Thanks for any help!
Shauna

OOPS! A jpg, not a pdf!

Settings > Materials > Accurender texture > Folder > New , then drag and drop a texture to the User folder you created.
Select the texture you drag and dropped.

Then go to :

Material > New >Default Gray > Maps > Image Mapping > Add > Browse to your Image.

shaunamorain
2006-07-31, 11:27 PM
Thanks!
I gotta run, I'll let you know how it goes tommorow!

Shauna

shaunamorain
2006-08-01, 05:51 PM
I know that was the answer to my question, but I cannot drag and drop for some reason??

Has to be something I'm doing wrong, unless I can't add this file type into the materials-- I attached what I'm trying to load into my project.

Note: this is not a file I need specifically, I'm just trying to learn the process so that I can load others into a template.

Thanks for your help!!

sbrown
2006-08-01, 05:57 PM
well since I'm the one who made that image I know it can be done. Basically you need to do the tutorials on materials. Recognize materials only show when rendered. So maybe you are trying to do something revit can't do. But if you are doing a rendering, you will need to go to materials, select the material(ie roof - spanish tile) or duplicate an existing. then you will need to edit the map or add a map to that material, you will browse to where you saved the jpg, select it, set its size, note size is in decimal feet so the image you are using is 8' x 8', you would type in 8 in the size dialog. now in your roof assembly make sure this material is selected for the finish material, click render and away you go. Here is the mlib file for that roof. you will need to repath it since its based on our server structure. place this with your other mlib files and make sure revits rendering support paths are pointing to this location.

shaunamorain
2006-08-01, 09:55 PM
Wow, you created that? Now, was that done through revit?? I'm new at this-can ya tell?

I've worked with materials and rendering quite a bit now...I think I've done most of the tutorials on them as well. --- I will eventually be rendering the spanish tile, however, I can't seem to get past the import part!

But if you are doing a rendering, you will need to go to materials, select the material(ie roof - spanish tile) or duplicate an existing. then you will need to edit the map or add a map to that material, you will browse to where you saved the jpg, select it, set its size, note size is in decimal feet so the image you are using is 8' x 8'
So, You lost me right about here-(doncha hate newbies!)
Is this before or after I load the material into my library??

I think Firmso was right, but for some reason it will not allow me to drop the image.

Thanks!!!
Shauna M.