PDA

View Full Version : Roof joins

david.metcalf
2006-07-31, 09:22 PM
For various reasons the existing roof had to have thier own slabs due to differing roof pitches and sill heights. Now I am trying to clean them up with joins but then getting weird results where the roof would leave openings in odd places.

For example one roof miters into the other slab but getting the other slb to miter is no go. How will I get the mitering to work on boths slabs?

What is the best practice to get these roofs ends to miter cleanly?

Firmso
2006-07-31, 10:36 PM
For various reasons the existing roof had to have thier own slabs due to differing roof pitches and sill heights. Now I am trying to clean them up with joins but then getting weird results where the roof would leave openings in odd places.

For example one roof miters into the other slab but getting the other slb to miter is no go. How will I get the mitering to work on boths slabs?

What is the best practice to get these roofs ends to miter cleanly?

A image would help.
Thanks

david.metcalf
2006-08-01, 05:16 PM
They are pretty big let me try and get teh image sizes down. Finally, you can see the highlighted roof slab? It goes under the other roof slab that has been trimmed/mitered to the other. Problem is that the mitering will not miter the roof to the other.

shaunamorain
2006-08-01, 06:00 PM
I recently had a roof joining problem, and what helped for me was to make the roof larger (much larger) than it actually is --join it--then size it back down.

I don't know if this will help you at all, I have not constructed a roof by separate slabs & have no idea what mitering is.

david.metcalf
2006-08-01, 06:46 PM
I did just as you suggested to pull the roof way out to open air where I should be able to select the edge (the roof over the top was hiding it) and then selected that edge and the roof I wanted to clean up to.

Then I got this error message: There is a circular chain of references among the highlighted elements.

That was both roof objects showing red.

Uhmmmm....

dhurtubise
2006-08-01, 06:52 PM
Can you post the file ?

david.metcalf
2006-08-01, 07:43 PM
Here goes nothing, after purging its down to 17.6 mb! Stand by 16 MB limit was exceeded. Posted to Daniel's FTP site.