PDA

View Full Version : Multi category schedule

aliya14
2006-08-02, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone,
I was trying out a multi category schedule ,we can get the schedule for furnitures, doors, windows, As far as I understand multicategory schedule is not for system families,but Is there a way where we can add up a wall in the multicategory schedule....
Any clues on this would be very helpful.
Regards,
Aliya

Mr Spot
2006-08-03, 03:10 AM
Are you trying to schedule a total for materials?? If so use a material take off schedule...

Otherwise you could just align your multi-category schedule and wall schedule on the sheet so they appear as one...

aliya14
2006-08-03, 08:21 AM
Hi ,
We want it such that all our civil ,carpentry items etc come in a single schedule without having to align them on sheets, the reason being we want to export it as a single excel file or to the sql database .Hence the idea of multicategory schedule. If anyone of u'll are working with such constraints do reply back.

Kind Regards,
Aliya

aliya14
2006-08-04, 07:52 AM
Does anyone have any clue on this issue...............

Mr Spot
2006-08-06, 11:28 PM
You can export the model to ODBC excel or access file... This contains all schedule information for the entire project. Then its just a matter of filtering out the unwanted information.

If this is any help?

HawkeyNut
2010-04-27, 05:25 PM
I've run into a similar problem. I also found out the hard way that multi-category schedules do not include system families. ODBC seems to be the answer, although more cumbersome because more people need to be taught how to use it.

Another issue I had during this process is that I cannot use the Highlight in Model feature with linked files. I thought the answer would be a simple listing of objects' IDs and found out those are not accessible either unless you export to ODBC.

Either that, or I need to start learning some API...rats!

arqt49
2010-04-28, 10:29 AM
ODBC seems to be the answer!

It is.
I don't do programming since the university, but ms access is a great tool.
Unfortunately, open office doesn't have the external link capacity fully developed.
This is what I did:
Creating queries is very straight forward using the query design. I insert the tables I want to use, and select the fields also. Next it's filtering out by classification and adding up the custom description by each category.
This has to be done for each category.
Then I switch to sql view and copy the resulting code to a main query. This query is a union query, so I just append "UNION" before the SELECT command.
You can fasten this boring process using excel to setup all queries.
The result is a single schedule with all the families in the model.
While we can expect this single schedule in a future Revit release, I found database tools much more powerfull.