PDA

View Full Version : diffusers upside down

dmb.100468
2006-08-02, 12:51 PM
Why are my diffusers coming in upside down? I am trying to use the Square Supply Diffuser - Hosted family in a Mechanical Ceiling plan. When I place the diffuser it comes in upside down on the floor. I have to go to the floor plan, select it, change it's properties to give it an elevation, but it is still upside down. Is it because I'm an electrical guy dabbling in the world of ductwork and air supply???

roy.70844
2006-08-03, 11:55 AM
Nope, can't get it to fail. I'm using revit building 9. When I place the square diffuser it sets it's self to the ceiling level. My familiy is also 2D only so I can't tell if it's upside down or not!

Roy

dmb.100468
2006-08-03, 12:01 PM
I worked it out with Autodesk on their website forum. Turns out the family is upside down.

jason.bishop
2006-08-03, 04:58 PM
FYI - for the benefit of others who may view this post:

The hosted diffuser families are defined to appear "right-side-up" only when placed on a ceiling, or on a work plane associated with a ceiling.

The hosted diffusers are defined upside down in the family editor because of the way ceilings currently work as hosts. When a hosted family is placed in a ceiling, it is "flipped" 180 degrees, which causes the "upside down" hosted diffuser families to be created "right-side-up" when placed on a ceiling in the project. When these "upside-down' diffuser families are placed on any surface/work plane that is not associated with a ceiling, then they will not be flipped, and thus will appear upside-down in the project.

The Revit Systems team is aware of the confusion and potential problems this could cause and is working on improvements for future releases.

Jason Bishop
Autodesk
Revit Systems QA