PDA

View Full Version : Map Book Grid Capabilities

falls-c
2006-08-02, 01:43 PM
I'd like to be able to create a custom-sized grid window for my township, range, and sections. The world is not square! (or rectangular)! So why can't Map set up map books with a window such as "plot map set" used to be able to do with boundaries and queries?? I'd love to have this capability!

Glenn Pope
2006-08-02, 09:06 PM
You can. When you create a map book there are 3 options in the Tiling Scheme section.

Select By Area to drawing a window around the desired area. The number of tiles will be calculated based on the map scale and the size of the main viewport in the layout template.

Select By Number to specify the upper left corner and specify how many columns and rows to create. The number of tiles will be calculated based on the map scale, the size of the main viewport in the layout template, and the specified number of rows and columns.

Select Custom to select a set of closed polylines in the drawing. The tiles will generated from the selected closed polylines.

kerickson
2006-08-18, 08:46 PM
Yes, but will it rotate a polygon to "fit" the page?

Case in point: Pipeline company wants to produce maps along the pipeline (which runs at 45 and 60 degree angles). How can I set up the map books so the it takes that angled portion of map and rotates the viewport so that it "fits" within the 8x14 paper size?
Any ideas???
As always, thanks!
Keri

Aquaserpent
2006-08-21, 11:27 AM
Before you create the views create a named UCS for the different angles. When creating the views for the tiles make sure you are in the UCS that is desired for that tile. Now when ever that view is called up as long as the UCS is associated with it the view will switch to that UCS.

It sounds to me like you are getting Views and View Ports mixed-up. The view is the graphic limits you wish to be displayed with in model space. The view port is the hole one creates in paper space, through which one calls up the views to display.