PDA

View Full Version : Can you create a catalog for a project parameter?

ejc
2006-08-02, 04:27 PM
I have customized my browser to reflect "View Use" parameter.

Example:
Architectural
Reference
Assembly Details

I am trying to apply this to a template. But, currently I would have to have at least 1 view with each "View Use" assigned in order to have a complete list.

Example:
If I don't have a view with "View Use" assigned as "Reference" then that category would not be present.

This means that every user in the office could just make up their own on a whim.

If I could tie a default list to the "View Use" parameter, it would at least give standardizing a fighting chance.

Thanks,

ejc

aaronrumple
2006-08-02, 11:46 PM
I have customized my browser to reflect "View Use" parameter.

Example:
Architectural
Reference
Assembly Details

I am trying to apply this to a template. But, currently I would have to have at least 1 view with each "View Use" assigned in order to have a complete list.

Example:
If I don't have a view with "View Use" assigned as "Reference" then that category would not be present.

This means that every user in the office could just make up their own on a whim.

If I could tie a default list to the "View Use" parameter, it would at least give standardizing a fighting chance.

Thanks,

ejc
That's one way and a bunch of work, but does give you quite a bit of control. My preference is to expand upon the view types. Detail - Roof, Detail - Interior, Exterior Elevation, Interior Elevation, Casework, etc... The advantage here is that you can plug all this into the template so the user doesn't have to make things up. All they have to do is chose the right types - which they need to do anyway - when they create a new view.

ejc
2006-08-03, 02:27 AM
Can you do that with floor plans, floor plan callouts (stairs, typ. bathrooms)?

aaronrumple
2006-08-03, 02:37 PM
Yep..............................

Haden
2007-07-06, 05:25 PM
My preference is to expand upon the view types. Detail - Roof, Detail - Interior, Exterior Elevation, Interior Elevation, Casework, etc... The advantage here is that you can plug all this into the template so the user doesn't have to make things up. All they have to do is chose the right types - which they need to do anyway - when they create a new view.
Aaron:
I must be missing something. Is there a way to create new view types in a project?

aaronrumple
2007-07-06, 05:36 PM
You can't create new plan or ceiling types. But you can create new detail, elevation, section and drafting view types.

Same as with anything in Revit - grab a section - properties, edit/new, duplicate.

Haden
2007-07-06, 05:54 PM
You can't create new plan or ceiling types. But you can create new detail, elevation, section and drafting view types.

Same as with anything in Revit - grab a section - properties, edit/new, duplicate.
Never tried that before, but I will use it from now on, especially on detail views. Thanks!