PDA

View Full Version : Soffit's drywall

jspartz
2006-08-02, 05:34 PM
I am creating a soffit. The problem I am having is when I put in a wall (metal stud w/ drywall) and attach the bottom of the wall to a compound ceiling below (metal stud w/ drywall), the drywall on the ceiling will not wrap up to the wall, and if I go to the properties of the ceiling the checkbox for wrapping the drywall is grayed out. How do I get the drywall to meet at the corner?

sbrown
2006-08-02, 05:47 PM
what you can do is unlock the gyp.bd layer from the soffit wall properties(in a section view within the wall system editor). Then when you create your ceiling pick face of core, then in section you can drag the gyp down as needed. then you can select all the walls of that type and set the same extension.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-02, 08:15 PM
could you draw the wall so that the core was aligned with the ceiling and then attach the base of the wall to the ceiling... I think that will do the same thing...

jspartz
2006-08-02, 08:29 PM
Ingenious sbrown! I wish they would make it a little easier, by letting you check the wrap box for the ceiling instead. But, I got the result I wanted. I will also try out the other suggestion. Thanks!

jspartz
2006-08-02, 08:38 PM
For Greg's suggestion, yes I can make the ceiling go to the inside face of the gyp and then attach the base of the wall to the ceiling and it cleans up the studs correctly, but the gyp board stays there running all the way to the floor, even with the elements of the wall locked, so I then need to unlock the gyp board and pull it up. This gives the best result. So, both suggestions combined works best. Thanks a lot!