PDA

View Full Version : Errors importing from AutoCAD

cris_scotti
2006-08-02, 06:39 PM
I am trying to import a few dwg files, most of them sheets from an AutoCAD project, but I'm getting these messages:

"Some elements were lost during import. ActiveX and some proprietary components cannot be imported. Try exploding the file in AutoCAD, or setting PROXYGRAPHICS to 1."

"Cannot get center of imported geometryin current view to place import. Imported file will not be centered on current view."

I'm an only Revit user, never had AutoCAD, so I could not follow the explode or POLYGRAPHICS suggestions. Also, I don't know what ActiveX is. I tried the import options Link and Import, both with the same result.

Please help, this is very important for my project.

Cristina

DanielleAnderson
2006-08-02, 06:47 PM
I have seen the proxygraphics error a few times, it's usually something you can ignore. If it really bothers you, you can go into autocad and purge and usually that will get it fixed.
As for the center-to-center placement issue, that happens typically when your autocad drawing is more than 2 miles from 0,0 in autocad. Since Revit has difficulty recognizing such a large area, it will not know how to use the autocad origin (which is 0,0). If you move the autocad drawing (in autocad) closer to 0,0 - always keeping track of how far you moved it so you can move it back if needed - then you will be able to insert it using the origin-to-origin function.
Hopefully that is helpful. There are a few threads on this from over the years if you search for them.