PDA

View Full Version : Missing glass panels in railings

kenmarcus
2006-08-02, 07:41 PM
Does any one if it is possible to create a glass panel railing that has various sizes for the start and end panels over the entire length of the railing. The middle panels work fine as long as the set pattern is met but on each stair run the overall length of the railing is different so the start and ends panels for each railing run has a different distance. I tried using the truncate pattern but it only adds the panel to landing.

Also, we would like to change the location of where the posts start and end on each of the landings, any suggestions on how to achieve.

I am beginning to think that this needs to be created as 5 separate railings or maybe we should create as a curtain wall. Any suggestions?

Attached are jg's of the stairs we are trying to create. You can see the missing panels in each location.

Archman
2006-08-02, 10:44 PM
See this thread

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=43826

kenmarcus
2006-08-02, 11:56 PM
thanks Steve for the post. I have been searching unsuccessfully for about 2 weeks for a possible solution. It does seem that the answer is to create separate railings with custom start and end posts. But if the design changes then we need to re-create each piece. That seems like a lot of work especially the way things change so often with design ideas.

I think the suggestion of setting min and max fill in's at the end is a definite must have for railings as this type of railing seems like a very common occurrence. I also have this occurring in a balcony with the exact same open panels. Ended up creating a curtain wall panel to match and placed in for a quick fix.