PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Arrays to the size of an Object in a Dynamic Block?

whdjr
2006-08-03, 01:32 PM
I made an adjustable table with an array of chairs on each side as an illustration on the Autodesk Discussion Website. I was wonder if anyone had come up with a solution to not allow the array to be larger than the table size(which could vary)?

Any thoughts??

Chris.N
2006-08-08, 02:01 PM
chained parameters

whdjr
2006-08-09, 02:29 PM
If I am following you right chained parameters would mean as the number of chairs grew the table would grow and vice versa, I want them to be independant yet the table size to be the limiting factor.

Did I interpret your comment correctly? Are my thoughts flawed?

Chris.N
2006-08-09, 03:05 PM
If I am following you right chained parameters would mean as the number of chairs grew the table would grow and vice versa, I want them to be independant yet the table size to be the limiting factor. Dont' think that's possible, hard limits are not adjustable. you'll have to rely on the caddy to not have a seizure during chair stretch action.

Did I interpret your comment correctly?Chaining is not a 2way street. one controls the other, that's it.

Are my thoughts flawed? :lol: (no comment) :p

whdjr
2006-08-10, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by whdjr Did I interpret your comment correctly?

Chaining is not a 2way street. one controls the other, that's it.

Originally Posted by whdjr
Are my thoughts flawed?

:lol: (no comment) :pHey now, :cry: I think I interpreted that comment correctly. :roll:

Thanks for the discussion.