PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweep problem

harkeychad
2006-08-03, 05:50 PM
Well I have a wall sweep that has Log veneer on both sides. I am having a problem putting in a tub encloser/tub on that wall. It attaches to the core of the wall type, but need it to attach to the log. Maybe I should have made the wall some other way. Any suggestions or an example that I can see?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-08-03, 06:18 PM
Not really solving the problem but posing a question...

wouldn't the log wall be furred out with another wall? (if the tub/shower is an enclosure, ie a pre-fab unit)
If not, then you can use a tub thats not wall hosted and place it where you think is appropriate.

harkeychad
2006-08-03, 06:34 PM
I am still fairly new to this, so I made a generic wall interior to host the logs, so they look correctly on the elevations and perspectives. Have attached the int/ext view of the location for the tub. I will look around for a tub that is not wall hosted. Hopefully by the next project, I will make the wall correctly.

kshawks
2006-08-04, 01:23 AM
I was thinking the same as Dimitri, would you not have a non-log type wall at this location. If you want the logs within the area could you not put a non-log type wall behind the tub/shower location and have log walls everywhere else. Another option would be to create another wall type with the log sweeps on on the plumbing side of the wall.

3dsketcher
2006-08-04, 01:41 AM
i agree with the responses. i had a similar situation. i made a sweep out of the bathroom wall tiles instead of making a wall layer. my toilet partitions were attaching to the core wall and overlapping the tile thickness.

your best bet would be make a copy of your tub and make it not wall hosted if this is how you want to do your logs. as they said, then you can place your tub wherever you want.

harkeychad
2006-08-04, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I am going with tub not wall hosted.