PDA

View Full Version : work planes cant be ref planes??

Martin P
2003-06-10, 09:47 AM
I will try and explain this. I have a L shaped roof. I have a beam on the valley. I need a reference plane that runs down the line of the valley. How do I get Revit to do it?? I dont think you can, I can get a sweep to follow the line of the valley by picking it. But I want a reference plane there and just cannot figure out how to get revit to do it. I can set the work plane by picking the top of the sweep - but there is seems way to change a picked work plane to a ref plane!!! and you cant draw a ref plane in a 3d view - even when the 3D view is aligned to a plane, wheter picked or not??!!! (and 3d views wont align directly to a picked ref plane either!) if you can follow what I am getting at, it seems pretty bad to me. I need this to work properly, or I need a good old fashioned UCS that aligns with objects and lets me work in the view.

Dean Camlin
2003-06-10, 11:02 AM
Martin, I would try setting up an elevation or section view perpendicular to the valley line. Then, in that view, trace the valley line with a new reference plane & name it. That should work.

Martin P
2003-06-10, 11:25 AM
Martin, I would try setting up an elevation or section view perpendicular to the valley line. Then, in that view, trace the valley line with a new reference plane & name it. That should work.

Phew, it did! thank you.