PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall problem

niki_funky
2006-08-04, 12:45 PM
Hi
I need little help. Please look at these images and tell me why is this happening? Problem is that when I make the thickness of the mullion less then the default, the wall coincide with the mullions. Is there some rule for the thickness of the mullions?

best regards
niki

PeterJ
2006-08-04, 12:55 PM
I don't think this is to do with the mullion thickness but where you have drawn your wall to. It has probably just pulled itself towards the CW grid, which is typically also the centre line of the mullion, except at the edge of the curtain wall.

Pull the masonry wall back by 25 mm and you should be okay.

niki_funky
2006-08-04, 01:02 PM
I just picked one curtain panel and changed it to some wall. How should I move it?

best regards
niki

al
2006-08-04, 01:55 PM
This is strange. If you change the offset value in the mullion type properties to a value other than 0 it seems to clean up the way you want it to. I changed it to 1 and it cleans-up. I think it should go to Autodesk as a possible bug.

niki_funky
2006-08-04, 02:09 PM
I hate bugs . :veryevil:

PeterJ
2006-08-04, 02:41 PM
OK.. You have identified the root of your problem. If that curtain panel is an external wall it would be better on the whole to model it as such and model the curtain wall to have a notch cut out of it where you need it.

Doing what you are doing causes the wall bit to schedule as part of the curtain wall, not to clean up with standard walls, not to accept window openings etc. It might work quite well int he condition you are exploring now but it is not best practice.