PDA

View Full Version : Gable Wall Between Roofs

patagoniadave
2006-08-04, 07:27 PM
Hey all, I have been trying everything in this post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12811&highlight=roof+video), but to no avail. I have a simple residential project, one mass is 2' wider than the other, and I am trying to get the gable wall between the two roofs, and get the shorter roof to extend to the gable wall, but am having zero luck. Walls start shooting out through the roof, and error messages pop up. This is a pretty common condition, so I am sure there is an easy fix, but of course I can't find it. Thanks for any advice!

Knoll
2006-08-05, 04:55 PM
I trust that you are place the wall "about" where you need it and then using attach top and base to connect to the roofs.

I've noticed the same problem with walls shooting past the roof. Try splitting the wall right at the roof ridge. Then they will attach properly.

blads
2006-08-06, 12:33 AM
If all else fails, you can edit wall elevation to force wall shapes

kshawks
2006-08-06, 02:01 PM
I have found editing the wall elevation is always a winning solution in this particular situation.

patagoniadave
2006-08-09, 04:46 PM
Hey, in case someone else runs into this problem, what I was doing wrong was trying to draw the gable wall as a seperate wall (don't ask why). Once I edited the profile of the leg wall, all the roofs and walls joined up perfectly. Thanks for the feedback.