PDA

View Full Version : Filled Regions - Plan / RCP inconsistancy

jontramos
2006-08-07, 02:59 PM
Ok, here is a real problem.... this might be a Revit bug.

The direction of a filled region pattern seems to become reversed from the plan view to RCP view.

In other words, I have a filled region type that has a 45 degree angle drafting pattern. In plan it displays from lower left to upper right. However in the RCP view it displays as the opposite, from upper left to lower right. (see attached image)

This is a real problem, because it contradicts our project's legend. We use the angle of the fill pattern to define different things, and if Revit reverses the angle of the pattern we are in big trouble. It is just a matter of time before one of our drafters overlooks this issue and suddenly changes the intent of the design.

- Jon

jeff.95551
2007-09-03, 12:07 AM
I've got a different problem - in the RCP filled regions act exactly like masking regions. I've got the newest build - I don't recall that happening prior to this last build... the only thing I can think of for fixing it is an in-place family of some kind or hand drawing after we print...

Anybody hear of this before?

dbaldacchino
2007-09-03, 12:34 AM
So you're saying that in the last build, if you copy a filled region from a plan view and paste it into an RCP view, that the pattern mirrors?