PDA

View Full Version : Drawing List Organization

david.kingham
2006-08-07, 06:31 PM
The attached image shows how I want our drawing index to look, just without the 0 in front of general and the 1 in front of civil etc....I had to use those to put them in the correct order. Is there anyway this is possible besides shutting off the header and putting them in manually with text?

Henry D
2006-08-07, 06:44 PM
If I understand your question...you want to put the drawings in a specific order?

What I do is: in the Element Properties of the Drawing List under "Fields" create a new parameter called Order and then under "Sorting and Grouping" select Order as the first level or sorting. Then under the Properties of each sheet you can number the order parameter as you wish.

I hope that helps.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-07, 07:01 PM
To further Henry's suggestion... if you don't want the column to appear in the schedule (and I'm assuming you don't) you can hide it under the Formatting tab.

archjake
2006-08-07, 07:09 PM
The attached image shows how I want our drawing index to look, just without the 0 in front of general and the 1 in front of civil etc....I had to use those to put them in the correct order. Is there anyway this is possible besides shutting off the header and putting them in manually with text?
Follow the tutorial I made in this post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=20480

david.kingham
2006-08-07, 07:26 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out...just had to uncheck the header for sort order and check discipline...duh.

Here's how it looks if anyone is intersted, just have some fields hidden for the finished one on the cover sheet