PDA

View Full Version : Simple Railing Ends

Haden
2006-08-08, 01:46 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the top rail to create a clean corner with the starting balluster in this simple stair railing? Thanks.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-08, 02:11 AM
you need to offset the post in the type dialog by 1/2 it's thickness in that direction... reverse engineer one of the default rails to see what and where I'm referring.

Firmso
2006-08-08, 05:21 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the top rail to create a clean corner with the starting balluster in this simple stair railing? Thanks.
Last time I did a stair Railing like this I had to do a Start-Rail Family just so the transion will show properly. Glad I did it tho...

dgraue
2006-08-08, 06:49 PM
With all of the power and flexiblity that Revit provides us with in making stairs, I am very dissapointed that we don't have the ability to provide simple rail extensions at the bottom and top of stair runs as is required by most codes (except in private dwellings). It makes no sense to me that we need to come back to the stairs and paste on a separate independant piece of railing to provide these extensions to the stair runs. PLEASE push this item to the top of the Wish List!!!

DG

dgraue
2006-08-08, 09:12 PM
Now, I realize that the railings can be edited after the fact (at each floor) to add the extensions and joint the intersections, but given that it is a typical condition I would expect to be able to have control of the rail extensions from the stair tool.