PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Delete Rooms Error (was One thing i am very tired of)

neb1998
2006-08-09, 12:51 PM
"delete rooms" error....please get rid of this, also the error "unjoin elements"

these errors are not required, do me no good and are horrible when making adjustments to a model.

tomnewsom
2006-08-09, 01:38 PM
Or at least demote these erors to the type that doesn't lose your selection. It's very annoying trying to do a Multiple copy but getting an error message after each one telling me my room is unbounded. I know it is! I'm copying these pieces to plug the gaps! Let me get on with it!

aaronrumple
2006-08-09, 01:47 PM
Delete rooms is ok, but needs some refinement. I want to be able to select which one is deleted. However, I do sometimes keep rooms if I know I'm going to replace a wall right away or want to hold onto that room while I'm designing. So I can't say this one is totally useless.

The joins I wish were a bit more automatic. If they overlap - join them. If they don't - don't. I recently had to do a join on a whole level of walls with a floor. That operation took well over a half hour.

neb1998
2006-08-09, 11:59 PM
Delete rooms is ok, but needs some refinement. I want to be able to select which one is deleted. However, I do sometimes keep rooms if I know I'm going to replace a wall right away or want to hold onto that room while I'm designing. So I can't say this one is totally useless.

The joins I wish were a bit more automatic. If they overlap - join them. If they don't - don't. I recently had to do a join on a whole level of walls with a floor. That operation took well over a half hour.perhaps a way to turn these errors on or off based on user preference would be the best...advanced users prob dont need a lto of the error messages as they should anticipate the result of any action....but even with the unjoin error i dont really see the point...visually you can tell the connection is bad, dont need a reinforcing error to tell ya.