PDA

View Full Version : Mansard roof in revit??

shaunamorain
2006-08-09, 03:25 PM
I have attached three pictures of a roof...
I was wondering if this is possible to create in Revit & how I would even go about it- perhaps with a mass?? Has anyone created a roof similar to this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to begin! :screwy:

Cathy Hadley
2006-08-09, 03:40 PM
Shauna,

Look in the help> tutorial > creating roofs > creating a mansard roof....

step by step instructions...

Cathy

petervanko
2006-08-09, 03:40 PM
I have done several roofs like this and would certainly recommend the mass approach :)

You may find yourself needing to make the roof in several pieces, but you can usually join them successfully.

shaunamorain
2006-08-09, 03:47 PM
Awsome guys! thanks for the quick replys....I'll go look up that tutorial & see what damage I can do!

shaunamorain
2006-08-09, 07:28 PM
So after reviewing the tutorials I decided to create this roof in 3 pieces: a flat roof and two masses.
I stumbled upon a problem while creating a roof by face for my last mass, however. I have attached a picture (yeah, go ahead and laugh!!)

The highlighted object is the second roof by face that I created. The first one turned out the same way, but I was able to correct it by selecting "faces at bottom of the roof" in the properties dialogue box. I followed the same steps, how come I can't fix the second one? No matter how I move it- it just doesn't want to budge!

Any thoughts on this?