PDA

View Full Version : Room Glitch

neb1998
2006-08-09, 06:19 PM
Any ideas on why this happens, see pdf

aaronrumple
2006-08-09, 06:23 PM
There is a third wall involved either above or below. Notice the funny notches in the horizontal wall. If I had to guess the short vertical wall is joining with a wall a a 45 degree angle above. Rooms are now 3D - they have a height. So your room is too "tall" and it's extents are seeing the walls above (or below.)

neb1998
2006-08-09, 06:30 PM
There is a third wall involved either above or below. Notice the funny notches in the horizontal wall. If I had to guess the short vertical wall is joining with a wall a a 45 degree angle above. Rooms are now 3D - they have a height. So your room is too "tall" and it's extents are seeing the walls above (or below.)Yup, your right, i dont know how i havent ran into this problem before...i have been using rooms since the beta came out with all sorts of different heights...

Guess been lucky not to notice till now..........The room was extending from the basement to the 4th floor roof, walls in the basement stick out marginally there causing the problem.

Wonder if rooms will ever be smart enough to change shape with a room as they extend vertically in the future.

aaronrumple
2006-08-09, 06:37 PM
I think that they are designed to see floors and ceilings and roofs. My guess is you didn't have those in the design....

neb1998
2006-08-09, 06:46 PM
I think that they are designed to see floors and ceilings and roofs. My guess is you didn't have those in the design....Yeah i do actually, but its a stairwell which only has partial floors (landings) ...and i dont want to count the square footage of all the stairwells into the project...

Not the end of the world for the stair to omit that extra space as long as i know why its doing it.