PDA

View Full Version : Multiline Room Tags

matt.98118
2006-08-09, 08:53 PM
Anyone know how to create multi-line room tags in Revit 9.0? I have had no luck. Seems the Room Tag family uses a text field classified as "name" to show the room name. I havent been able to split longer room names into two separate line in the room tag.

This might be a wish list item for future versions.

Thanks!

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-09, 08:58 PM
the default tag is set to be bottom-center justified and should wrap upward as you type...

sbrown
2006-08-10, 04:19 AM
Yep, you just have to size the width of the text box the max you want any single line of text and it will automatically wrap up. I typically use about 3 room tags per phase, one has an abbreviation shared parameter, one has a long text box and one has a short one. Then I can swap them out per room shape.

greg.mcdowell
2006-08-10, 04:33 AM
I think I need to do the same thing here... let me ask you, did you create these as separate families or were you able to make them separate types within a family?

sbrown
2006-08-10, 04:50 AM
sep families. Its takes one second to select from the pull down menu and hours to figure out if then formulas for super smart families. I used to fall into the trap of making families with so many parameters only to find them not working right and now that you can just pick on a family, click edit, make a modification and reload its not worth making most families overly parametric in my opinion. Some types of families it does but not annotations.