PDA

View Full Version : No Plot Lines

bd5cents
2006-08-09, 11:56 PM
I had another question about hiding some lines. We have a grid on one of our sheets and we are trying to pujt some sort of setting on the lines for a no plot.

Scott D Davis
2006-08-10, 12:08 AM
use ref planes on your sheet. they wont plot, if the check box in the plot dialog is selected.

Firmso
2006-08-10, 12:14 AM
use ref planes on your sheet. they wont plot, if the check box in the plot dialog is selected.
Excuse me scott, But how does a Ref Plane hide Grids during plots?

bd5cents
2006-08-10, 12:19 AM
He is referring to using ref planes as grids! Thanks alot Scott. Hopefully I can ask you more questions at the next Revit User Group meeting Bill Brown holds or at the Newport. I am a former student that worked in Laguna Beach with Stuart Architecture, I now work at Alcala Architecture in Corona, Ca... Anyways thanks for all you help!

Fred Blome
2006-08-10, 04:39 AM
Workaround #246:

Make your no-plot lines really really light. You'll still be able to see it on the screen, particularly if you're young, and when it plots, you won't see it on the paper, particularly if you're on the older side.

Firmso
2006-08-10, 04:42 AM
Workaround #246:

Make your no-plot lines really really light. You'll still be able to see it on the screen, particularly if you're young, and when it plots, you won't see it on the paper, particularly if you're on the older side.

That's the nice thing about Revit...the Past/Future Feature.
lol

Scott D Davis
2006-08-10, 03:48 PM
Excuse me scott, But how does a Ref Plane hide Grids during plots?I had assumed by "grids" on a sheet, he was referring to just a series of lines on his sheet to assist in the layout of views. I did not consider them to be "Grid lines" with the grid bubbles. So my suggestion was to make "grids" on your sheet by using Ref Planes in a titleblock family rather than using lines, if you want to see them, but don't wnat them to plot.

bd5cents
2006-08-10, 04:41 PM
I had assumed by "grids" on a sheet, he was referring to just a series of lines on his sheet to assist in the layout of views. I did not consider them to be "Grid lines" with the grid bubbles. So my suggestion was to make "grids" on your sheet by using Ref Planes in a titleblock family rather than using lines, if you want to see them, but don't wnat them to plot.

Thats great and should work!

Fred Blome
2006-08-10, 04:44 PM
I...clip...So my suggestion was to make "grids" on your sheet by using Ref Planes in a titleblock family rather than using lines, if you want to see them, but don't wnat them to plot.How do you get reference lines (no planes available) in the titleblock to show up in a sheet view?

bd5cents
2006-08-10, 04:56 PM
The titleblock family does not allow you to draw reference planes in plan Scott? DO you want us to draw them in plan and COpy and Paste, I don't quite understand?

Scott D Davis
2006-08-10, 04:58 PM
ah yes, thats the part thats confusing. They are ref planes in the family, thus do not show up in the sheet until you use the move/align/etc tool, and then they will pre-highlight when you hover over them.

bd5cents
2006-08-10, 05:29 PM
OKay that makes sense... Thanks for the help Scott.