PDA

View Full Version : Camera in Shadow bug

ron.sanpedro
2006-08-10, 12:24 AM
As many have discovered, when a camera is in shadow, then a shaded view is all in shadow. I assume the Factory knows why this bug is happening, but I thought I would show an example of just how important getting it fixed is. In the first image, take a look just above the right side of the colored wall inside the building. You get just a hint of sunlight and shadow coming thru the skylights into the large interior space behind that wall. Even that little hint is really powerful. Now look at the second image, which after doctoring in Photoshop shows a sense of light, but no shadows at all. The entire image is so much weaker than it could be. If it were not for this bug with cameras in shadow, that second image would be really amazing, which is important because that space is going to be amazing and we need to be able to show the client that. Sure we could take the model into Sketchup and render, and in all honesty we probably will, but it sure seems like this bug could/should be fixed.
So, please, please, please Factory, take a look at fixing this bug in 10.0. It REALLY matters.

Thanks,
Gordon

Max Lloyd
2006-08-10, 09:44 AM
Hi Gordon,

Maybe its a 9.0 thing as I can't replicate the problem in 8.1 (see attached images).

(Please note that the sun settings are identical in each view and the setting for relative to view is unchecked)

Try opening this file in 9.0 and see if you get the same results.

Max.

Paul Andersen
2006-08-10, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the test Max. I had a few minutes to look at it in RB9 and here's what I got.

Max Lloyd
2006-08-10, 12:23 PM
maybe I was right not to upgrade yet.....;)

Wes Macaulay
2006-08-10, 03:37 PM
Someone please get a Support Request going on this one -- it warrants immediate attention.

Edit: ah heck, I just put one in myself :-P

But it's a silly bug to be sure.

ron.sanpedro
2006-08-10, 04:51 PM
Someone please get a Support Request going on this one -- it warrants immediate attention.

Edit: ah heck, I just put one in myself :-P

But it's a silly bug to be sure.

Thanks Wes. And thanks Max for verifying that it is a new bug. That may/should make it an easier process to fix. I wish I had gotten into this sooner so maybe it could have been fixed in 9.1. Then again maybe it can be fixed in a new build of 9.1. Crossed fingers.

Gordon