PDA

View Full Version : Printing Problems

mlgatzke
2004-06-09, 08:47 PM
Alright, I've got a problem printing. The problem only rears it's ugly head when I'm printing one sheet of my set, it'll print fine on my HPLJ8000DN, but not on my XES8825 or my Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional (it doesn't even look right on the pdf - though not quite "as bad" as the printed sheet). The sheet's border, titleblock, and text on the plan appear to be correct, but the area-plan linework and area patterns on the sheet look like they're a puzzle that hasn't been put together correctly.

I've tried changing many of the print settings (including vector/raster printing method) and printing to Acrobat first - then printing from Acrobat to the printer. . . No luck. This file is native 6.0, but I've tried opening it in the latest build of 6.1 and printing it. . . with no luck.

This is a set that is ready to go out for construction once this issue is resolved. I could really use quick help. Any ideas?

Wes Macaulay
2004-06-09, 08:58 PM
Don't suppose it might be related to a bad object... try turning everything off except your area lines and see if that helps. Then try bringing back some of the categories and see if there's a category that's causing the problem -- in which case there's an object in there that's causing your drawings to blow up when plotted.

mlgatzke
2004-06-09, 09:21 PM
Don't suppose it might be related to a bad object...

Wouldn't that cause the regular Floor Plan to print incorrectly too? The "regular" Floor Plan has everything turned on. Oh well, I'll give it a try and see.

mlgatzke
2004-06-09, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm.

I did as you suggested. I turned everything off (except the area boundary lines) and started turning things back on, one at a time. I'd print to Acrobat after each item has been turned on. I got some REALLY wierd results.

The plan (by itself) prints fine until I turn on the doors AND the windows. If I turn on the doors by themselves, it prints fine. If I turn on the windows by themselves, it prints fine. So, I turned on the doors, off the windows and openned the sheet to print it and got the screwed up print again.

Boy, this is upsetting, frustrating, and turning into a real pressure cooker.

What would you suggest now?

sbrown
2004-06-09, 11:16 PM
Do you have a custom door or window family with something strange in it, maybe a dwg?

mlgatzke
2004-06-09, 11:56 PM
Do you have a custom door or window family with something strange in it, maybe a dwg?

All of the doors and windows are custom families, but none of them have any "non-Revit" material in them. Plus, I've NEVER run into this problem in any other projects in which I've used these families. Furthermore, I haven't had ANY problems with any other views in this same project. This is really strange. The doors and windows being custom, I can't exactly exchange them for another. Why would I run into this on THIS view only? Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen now, rather than earlier in the project. I'll probably have to issue the set and issue the "problem plan" later as an addendum. [end of rant]