PDA

View Full Version : Complex door schedules

jyount
2006-08-11, 01:15 PM
I am working on an adaptive reuse preservation project with some rather complex door schedule issues.

Initially, when i started using revit, my concern was how revit would handle a lot of the complex detail and ornament that is in these buildings. I've figured all that out, but door schedules give me headaches.

I think that the revit door schedule feature could be vastly improved upon by somehow incorporating a feature that would allow you to demo and replace a door, while leaving the frame in place. On this particular project, the building has some beautifully detailed doors, transoms, and doorframes; however some have had doors removed, some have had transoms removed, some have had non-historic infill and doors put in. All the frames have remained in place. We need to fix this problem, and at the same time, infill some door openings.

Any thoughts?

neb1998
2006-08-11, 02:28 PM
create the door frame as a seperate "door" family......and a door without a frame as a seperate family, then you can demo just the door.

Scott D Davis
2006-08-11, 03:54 PM
create the door frame as a seperate "door" family......and a door without a frame as a seperate family, then you can demo just the door.
...and the frame family will be wall hosted and cut the hole in the wall, while the panel should be workplane based, so you can place it in the opening without needing a wall.

jyount
2006-08-11, 06:52 PM
The only way I could think of to do it was to create a model line family for the doors, and hit demo.

These separate "door families" would not appear in the schedule, correct?

David Haynes
2006-08-11, 07:03 PM
Scott's answer is the best - uses the best capabilities of Revit.