PDA

View Full Version : AEC_DOOR_PANEL CUSTOMIZATION?

JBACHMAN
2004-06-09, 09:07 PM
CAN AN AEC_DOOR_PANEL "BLOCK" BE CHANGED/CUSTOMIZED? FOR EXAMPLE, GIVING IT AN ARCHED TOP INSTEAD OF A SQUARE ONE. IF SO HOW WOULD ONE GO ABOUT DOING THIS? IF NOT, IS MY ONLY OPTION TO CREATE A "MULTIVIEW BLOCK". WHAT ABOUT THE USE ON A "MASS ELEMENT BLOCK" (EASY TO CREATE BUT IT DOESN'T SCALE CORRECTLY WITHIN A DOOR'S HOLE)? I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO EXPLODE AN AEC_DOOR_PANEL "BLOCK" ALREADY WITH NO SUCCESS (IT DOES NOT BREAK DOWN INTO SMALLER ELEMENTS). MY INITIAL THINKING WAS TO FIND THE LOCATION WHERE "ADT" ACCESSES THE AEC_DOOR_PANEL, COPY THAT FILE AND EDIT IT. WHEN I COULD NOT LEARN OF ITS LOCATION (DESIGN CENTER?), I EXPLODED A SIX PANEL DOOR. THIS GAVE ME "THE BLOCk" BUT I COULD NOT EXPLODE THE BLOCK DOWN TO ITS ENTITIES. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.

richard.binning
2004-06-09, 09:25 PM
This is most likely because the panel it self is a 3D solid created from boolean operations.
You can create these in any shape you wish. You simply add the 3D block to the model representation in the display properties.

jcronburg
2004-06-10, 08:44 PM
jbachman:

I've not done this, but Paul Aubin's Mastering ADT has a section that does exactly what you want (pp 336 and following). Basically you create a Profile (say a rectangle with an arched top) in Menu>Desktop>Profiles>Profile Definitions>Right Click on "Profiles" and select New. Try it from there. I don't have time to go through it now. Let me know if you want more and I'll try to find time to relay what Aubin says.

Jim Cronburg