PDA

View Full Version : Help Modeling a site

crullier
2006-08-11, 05:42 PM
how would you guys model a site like the one onthe dwf attached?
I need help, I have the house modeled but no site.

patagoniadave
2006-08-11, 06:20 PM
how would you guys model a site like the one onthe dwf attached?
I need help, I have the house modeled but no site.

I don't have dwf viewer installed on this computer, but do you have the actual site info (contours or points), or are you going to model it free form?

crullier
2006-08-11, 06:30 PM
i dont have the cotours or point. that would make it very easy. so i tryed to put point "free style" but dont get anywhere.

davidcobi
2006-08-11, 06:50 PM
While in Revit hit the F1 key... goto search tab... type "toposurface points" and you'll find information on creating a toposurface from points.

patagoniadave
2006-08-11, 07:00 PM
i dont have the cotours or point. that would make it very easy. so i tryed to put point "free style" but dont get anywhere.

I don't have Revit open in front of me, but I watched someone make a free form site the other day, and it seemed pretty simple. Just roughly sketch in some forms, you need three points at a minimum, and edit the individual points of the toposurface. You can slide them up and down in the z-axis to get the slopes you want.

crullier
2006-08-11, 07:48 PM
While in Revit hit the F1 key... goto search tab... type "toposurface points" and you'll find information on creating a toposurface from points.

...really???? - no comment

crullier
2006-08-11, 07:49 PM
I don't have Revit open in front of me, but I watched someone make a free form site the other day, and it seemed pretty simple. Just roughly sketch in some forms, you need three points at a minimum, and edit the individual points of the toposurface. You can slide them up and down in the z-axis to get the slopes you want.

yeah i've been trying that all day yesterday.... I will give it another shot

davidcobi
2006-08-11, 09:17 PM
If you try placing points outside of your view range they may be there but not be visible. Are you trying to place points but it appears that nothing is happening? This could be the problem.